Child Custody is now Child Arrangement Order

Child Custody and Contact is now Child Arrangement Order

It seems that most of us who need to start searching the internet for “child custody” have never needed to know the appropriate terminology. However since we were children the law has moved on and uses different words.

Custody and Contact are replaced with phrases like ” lives with ” and “spends time with”. These have legal differences such as representing a shared care arrangement and being able to go overseas with your child with less hassle.

For me though, I could not bear the thought that my daughter spent time with me, she used to live with me and she will continue to do so, just with less time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *